Welcome to BuddyPress! This section will help you set up your new BuddyPress-powered site as Super/Site Administrator: installing and configuring your settings to managing users, groups, activity streams and other BuddyPress components. It will also provide a guide for your users if you enable specific components. To run BuddyPress, following are some guidelines for your review.
- PHP 5.2.4 or better
- MySQL 5.0 or better
- Apache Module mod_rewrite enabled for “pretty permalinks”
- WordPress should be installed manually i.e. via FTP, cpanel, etc. and NOT via webhost scripts (fantastico, softalicious, etc.)which bring about numerous issues when BuddyPress is activated.
- BuddyPress does not work on installations where you give WordPress its own directory.
- Folder name for any subdirectory or subdomain WordPress/BuddyPress installation must be in lowercase.
- AllowOverride should be set to All in folder where .htaccess is, for example:
- Back up your database.
- VPS hosting or better.