BuddyPress Components and Features
BuddyPress is a powerful plugin that takes your WordPress.org powered site beyond the blog with social-network features like user profiles, member types, activity streams, user groups, group types, and more. You could set up a community site for your university, an intranet for your company, a public/private network for your special interest groups, and many more!
- BuddyPress is an official WordPress plugin. It powers the 8.1+ Million user profiles at WordPress.org e.g. jjj, boonebgorges, and djpaul.
- BuddyPress is actively developed and maintained. You can be assured that this project will continue to serve your community for the long term.
- BuddyPress is compatible with nearly all WordPress themes. You can customize the BuddyPress templates beyond adding styles or moving template parts through our theme compatibility layer.
- BuddyPress is extensible. There are over 1,200 BuddyPress plugins in the WordPress.org repository alone.
Developers and Site Builders share the benefits of using BuddyPress.
Out of the box, BuddyPress includes several components that integrate directly with your site, with each other, and even with other plugins (install bbPress to add support forums). If you only want to use a few features, BuddyPress will automatically adapt, showing only the menu items, pages and buttons for the features you have enabled.
- Members Directory
- Member Types
- Pending Users
- Mark as Spammer
- Member Profile Image (Avatar)
- Member Cover Image
- Profile Fields
- Profile Field Groups
- Rearrange Profile Fields and/or Groups
- Extended Profiles Screen for each Member
Member Account Settings
- Groups Directory
- Group Settings and Roles
- Group Types
- Edit any Group in the Front End or Back End
- Group Avatar
- Group Cover Image
- Sitewide Activity Stream
- Group Activity Stream
- Member’s Activity Stream
- Moderate Activity Items
- Support for Custom Post Types
- All widgets listed below:
- (BuddyPress) Friends
- (BuddyPress) Groups
- (BuddyPress) Log In
- (BuddyPress) Members
- (BuddyPress) Recently Active Members
- (BuddyPress) Sitewide Notices
- (BuddyPress) Who’s Online
- (BuddyPress) Recent Networkwide Posts – Multisite Installations only
Dynamic Member Links in Menus
- All member links posted below:
- My Activity
- My Forums (with bbPress)
- My Friends
- My Groups
- My Messages
- My Notifications
- My Profile
- My Settings
- Log out
bbPress Forums Integration
Many More Features Coming Up
Subscribe to the BuddyPress Development Blog and get updates of new features being considered every development cycle.