Version 2.8.0 is a major BuddyPress feature release.
For Version 2.8.0, the database version (
11105, and the Trac revision was
11431. Read the full ticket log here.
Modernizing the Codebase
To continue the migration of legacy code to modern standards and techniques necessary for the
BP REST APIproject and other new features moving forward, BuddyPress 2.8 requires at least PHP 5.3. This will allow us to build better, robust, and secure code, benefitting developers and users now and in the future.
More helpful “Activate Pending Accounts” screen
When you click on the username on the “Users > Manage Signups” page, you can now view profile data entered by the user at the time of registration.
List-Unsubscribeheader in emails
Allow users to unsubscribe from BuddyPress email notifications in some email clients such as Gmail (web), when properly configured.
Twenty Seventeen Companion Stylesheet
BuddyPress looks great in WordPress’s latest default theme with the new Twenty Seventeen companion stylesheet.
More hooks for Messages
We’ve added new filters and actions for different methods throughout the Messages component.
A more flexible Group search
search_columnparameter allows developers to specify which columns should be matched, as well as where wildcard characters should be placed, when searching via
Alphabetical sorting for Groups widget
The groups widget can now be sorted alphabetically, in addition to sorting the results by recently active, popular, and newest groups.
Enable choice of
Developers can specify which PHPMailer should be used when sending BuddyPress with a new filter.
We continue to improve our localization internals, making it easier for translation editors to ensure that BuddyPress will be available for everyone in their own language.
Regular updates to inline code documentation make it easier for developers to understand how BuddyPress works.
Continued improvements for universal access help make BuddyPress back- and front-end screens usable for everyone (and on more devices).
- Activity makes profile activity filtered aswel. (#4062)
- Params for
bp_get_activity_content_bodyfilter should be the same whatever the context. (#6971)
- Make hard-coded activity excerpt length a filterable function. (#7321)
- Add new filter to
BP_Activity_Activity::__construct()sets id even if not valid. (#7394)
- Incorrect inline docs for third parameter of activity comment posted actions. (#7398)
bp_parse_argsfilter key to
role=complementaryfrom Post Update form. (#7437)
- Activity management Edit screen – default panel states broken in multisite. (#4395)
- Deleting profile fields – UX issue. (#4646)
- Add View link for users on BP Signups page. (#7261)
- Notice: Trying to get property of non-object. (#7329)
- Add a
buddypressclass to body element of wp-admin. (#7353)
- Improve pagination on group editing page in wp-admin area. (#7405)
get_blog_details()will be deprecated in WordPress 4.8. (#7326)
- Travis: we should have
test_bp_core_ajax_url()doesn’t correctly test forced HTTPS in wp-admin. (#7367)
- Remove WordPress versions previous to 4.7 from PHP 7.1 Travis CI matrix. (#7383)
- HHVM Travis CI job requires environment variables be set. (#7385)
.jsintrcis a JSON file, indentation should use tabs, not spaces. (#7403)
fast_finish: truefrom Travis CI configuration. (#7411)
- PHP 5.2 -> PHP 5.3 code improvements. (#7299)
- Removal of
create_functionusage for BP 2.8. (#7325)
- Drop support of WordPress 4.2. (#7350)
- Accessibility: Remove redundant
titleattributes Part 2. (#7363)
- New action: cover image deleted. (#7409)
- Activity: error using
bp_activity_get_actions_for_context()without activity component. (#7440)
- BP 2.8 – Prevent loading if PHP < 5.3. (#7277)
- BP Email: Allow end user to specify which PHPMailer should be used. (#7286)
- Support List-Unsubscribe header in emails. (#7390)
- New action hook
- Hook for custom email type schema. (#7431)
- auto-linking for semicolon-separated lists in xprofile. (#5872)
- New filter in
- Primary xprofile field “name” does not synch wiht WP profile field “first and lastname”. (#7317)
- Accessibility: Provide sufficient color contrast for BuddyPress admin screens. (#7354)
- Accessibility: Use semantic button elements instead of empty links in Profile visibility settings. (#7358)
- Wrong user data leak with external object cache. (#7401)
- Caching for
- XProfile: use filterable field input name in radio/checkbox field type. (#7425)
- XProfile: a group’s first field becomes last after save. (#7428)
- WP-Admin menu mess when both Legacy forum and bbPress activated. (#6705)
- PHP 7 compatibility issues with the bbPress version bundled with BuddyPress. (#7389)
- Remove usage of deprecated
- Add group types to
- Alphabetic sorting in the group widget. (#7313)
- Accepting/rejecting group membership request should mark notification read for all group admins. (#7375)
- groups_promote_member() shouldn’t attempt to fetch
- Front-end and back-end Groups Invitations doesn’t match. (#7399)
- Make group search more flexible. (#7418)
BP_Groups_Group::get()where possible. (#7419)
- New Member input box looks visually like a label on group edit page. (#7438)
- Missing colon in string. (#7252)
- “Group” term everywhere leads to mistakes in usage/translation. (#5037)
- Missing plural on activities for show all comments button. (#6275)
- Standardise front and back end verbiage. (#7289)
- Date field on registration. (#4187)
- Member Types directory not available when Members is the front-page. (#7373)
- More hooks, more power! (in the messages component). (#5193)
- New filter in
twentyseventeen.scssto pass scss-lint and
grunt commit. (#7384)
- “Order by” filters are broken for objects directories. (#7414)
- Accessibility: Improve color contrast of pending BP notifications bubble in Toolbar. (#7347)