Providing Support at the BuddyPress Forums
Thank you for taking the time to provide support at the BuddyPress Forums. Please note that the rules and guidelines set up in the WordPress support forums apply here as well. The following documents will help you navigate through our Forums.
1. Forum Welcome – this document is in part directed towards those who seek support at the forums but contains information about helping out, when topics can be deleted or closed, and reporting threads, among others. Disregard the mailing list information unless the issue is specific to WordPress.
2. WordPress Support Handbook – This contains a good number of articles which will help you provide support the “WordPress Way”. Some articles which you might like to read first:
- How to Give Help
- When Good Users Go Bad
- Approach to providing good support
- Examples of Good vs. Bad Support
- Modlook and Tagging
- What makes a Good Bug Report
Thank you for accepting the invitation to become moderators at our support forums 🙂
Please take a moment to read the recommended articles above and the ones below to re-acquaint yourself with our forum rules. Should you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to reach out to the BP core team.
- Welcome to Forum Moderators (WP Forum Handbook)
- Closing Posts (Forum Welcome) – Do not feel obliged to close very old topics as there will be a script to auto-close topics after a certain period of time
- Stock Answers for Forum Moderators (WP Forum Handbook)
- Deleting/Editing Posts (Forum Welcome)
It can be worthwhile reading through this document below as a primer on what is suggested as the correct approach to asking questions on forums and lists. While it’s aimed at the poster as guidance on how to behave and form a question that will gain positive responses, it’s useful for all to understand and is considered as a RFC:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way