Version 8.0.0 is a major BuddyPress feature release.
For Version 8.0.0, the database version (
12850, and the Trac revision was
12965. Read the full ticket log here here.
Whether public registration is enabled or not, you can activate this great new opt-in feature from your site’s BuddyPress settings; with it, your trusted members will handpick new members who will enrich your community. Once activated, each member will be able to send new Member Invitation emails and manage the pending invitations directly from his or her profile area. You keep control of everything thanks to two new screens we added to the BuddyPress Tools dashboard: invitations and opt-outs management. Read more about the feature in this developer note.
Improved registration experience
- You can select any xProfile field from any xProfile field group to use on your site’s registration form. Learn more about it reading this developer note.
- If your site requires that users accept specific rules such as terms of service or a code of conduct, you can now take advantage of the new Checkbox Acceptance xProfile Field type to record their agreement. This developer note will teach you more about it.
- Once a user activates his or her account, BuddyPress will send a welcome email to help get him or her engaged with your community. You can customize the content of this email from the Emails menu of your WordPress dashboard. Have a look to this developer note to find out more about it.
WP xProfile field types
Two new field types can now be used to include WordPress-specific information about the member in xProfile field loops without duplicating data. The WP Biography field type lets you include the user’s Biographical Info and thanks to the WP Textbox field you can include the first & last name, the Website URL as well as any of the custom contact methods of your users. Read more about it in this developer note.
- #8112 – Activity post form error message
- #8454 – Feed link functions should short circuit when feeds are disabled
- #8475 – BP Admin: in Pages settings remove links to preview Registration and Activation pages
- #8255 – Add @covers entries for bp_core_get_directory_page_ids()
- #8381 – Some composer dependencies fail to install with composer v2.0.0
- #8420 – Update/modernize composer.json file
- #8421 – Migrate from Travis to GitHub Actions
- #8452 – Update some node modules
- #8458 – BP Tools Screen: Use radio buttons to choose only one operation to perform.
- #8077 –
extra_attrparameter doesn’t work in
- #8185 – Inadequate details availabe on
- #8422 – Deprecated jQuery calls in bp-legacy, bp-xprofile
- #8437 –
bp_core_avatar_defaultfilter is used twice, but for different purposes
- #8438 – jQuery deprecated code
- #8443 – Correct behavior of “search_terms” behavior in
- #8444 –
BP_Invitation: Increment date_modified on key actions.
- #8448 – Add new table to store nonmember opt-outs.
- #8473 – Unscoped
bp_nouveau_ajax_querystringon single activity page is affecting other loops
- #8476 – Anticipate the potential arrival of the Widgets Block Editor in WP 5.8
- #8439 – Page “Change Avatar” produces error in jQuery & prevents the avatar from resizing
- #8459 – Audit user_can() and
existcap usages, related to anonymous users
- #8428 – Allow to trigger email for activation
- #4747 – Add a TOS checkbox for registeration
- #8083 – Add Age option to BP xProfile Databox
- #8450 – URL type Profile field renders HTML
- #8455 – Fixes for xProfile field support for WordPress Profile Fields
- #8461 – Avoid creating more than once signup fields during 8.0.0 upgrade task
- #8477 – The group of xProfile signup fields should be displayed even when registration are not open
- #6347 – xProfile fields used for signup should be configurable
- #7162 – xProfile field support for WordPress Profile Fields
- #8482 – Update Credits screen including Polyglots contributors
- #8408 – The activity generated when an avatar is uploaded should belong to the members component
- #8449 – Improve possible customization for invalid signup field error messages
- #8480 – Avoid a fatal error if a plugin wrongly use one our
do_action( ' bp_core_signup_send_activation_key' )
- #8281 – Query Var values for
- #7729 – Remove BuddyBar
- #8465 – Anticipate 2 block related filters deprecation in WP 5.8.
- #8472 – Incorrect Type check in Members generates extremely long SQL query.
- #GH375 – Members Endpoint: Preserve order of XProfile groups/fields.
- #GH367 – Make sure members can fetch their notifications.
- #GH374 – Make sure friendship requests cannot be done by members themselves.
- #GH225 – Cache item schema in REST controllers.
- #GH393 – Improve Component Prepare Links to enjoy embedded resources
- #8139 – Network Invitations and Membership Requests
- #8133 – Broken dropdown filter on friends page with a custom friends slug
- #8161 – Success or Failure message – Text alignment needs to be center
- #8337 – Avatar url is wrongly escaped in “what’s new form”
- #8396 – Bug: BP Nouveau accept invitation error
- #8430 – Adding a new subnav item in Nouveau messages breaks nouveau js
- #8463 – Member’s RSS feed are using Sitewide one in Nouveau
- #8464 – Nouveau should check the component is active before trying to use a
Toolbar & Notifications
- #8451 – Show toolbar links at mobile sizes when logged out