Version 7.0.0 is a major BuddyPress feature release.
For Version 7.0.0, the database version (
12385, and the Trac revision was
To read the full list of features, fixes, and changes in this version of BuddyPress, visit Trac.
Please note BuddyPress 7.0.0 will require at least WordPress 4.9.
New Administration screens to manage BuddyPress types
In BuddyPress 7.0.0 site administrators will be able to add, edit or delete Member & Group types using their WordPress Administration Screens just like they would do for Post tags.
Read this development note to learn more about it.
New BuddyPress Blocks
- The Activity Embed block lets authors embed activity into their post or page.
- Use the BP Members block to select community users you want to feature into a post or a page.
- Enjoy the BP Groups block to pick the groups you want to highlight into a post or a page.
Get to know these new blocks reading this development note.
Improved support for WP CLI
WP-CLI is the command-line interface for WordPress. You can update plugins, configure multisite installs, and much more, without using a web browser. In 7.0.0, you will be able to Enjoy new BuddyPress CLI commands to manage BuddyPress Group Meta, BuddyPress Activity Meta, activate or deactivate the BuddyPress signup feature and create BuddyPress specific testing code for plugins.
Discover more about it from this development note.
BP REST API improvements
The Developer documentation has been updated according to the latest improvements we’ve brought to the BuddyPress REST API.
To name two: get the groups the logged in user is a member of, and create a blog when BuddyPress is activated on a network of WordPress sites. Read this development note to learn about all the others.
New default avatar for Sites
The Site Tracking component has it’s own default “blavatar” (blog avatar). Multisite WordPress configurations will be able to find it when displaying the Sites directory. It appears when sites of the loop don’t have a WordPress Site Icon set. Read more about it in the development note.
BP Nouveau is ready for Twenty Twenty-One
You love the latest default WordPress Theme, so do we! It’s important for us to make sure the BP Nouveau template pack looks great in the default themes included in the WordPress package. This is the first of the many improvements we are bringing to our default Template Pack.
- #8326 – Apply UGC attribute for activity links
- #8342 – Issue with group activity filter
- #8353 – In the img tag, the alt are missing
- #8377 – BP Activity Embed Block chosen URL is wrongly reset
- #8403 – Replying to an activity comment is forbidden 😱
- #8357 – Make the BP Tools administration screen more consistent with WP Admin appearance
- #8291 – BuddyPress Menus – Select all menu items is not adding all available menu items
- #8304 – Add Delete Permanently link to activity edit page
- #8305 – Add regular delete confirmation screen for XProfile field groups
- #8315 – Make all admin notices dismissible
- #8321 – Add delete confirmation screen for XProfile fields
- #8330 – Administration screens remove code added to manage WordPress pre-4.8 Admin page header titles
- #8364 – Make BP Admin header titles consistent
- #8376 – Hello BuddyPress 7.0.0
- #8390 – PHP8 no longer accepts a function required parameter to follow an optional one
- #8179 – Improved default value for site avatar
- #8365 – Renovate the create a blog form
- #8384 – Blogs component: the item’s site icon is not necessarily used
- #8011 – Exclude CLI tests from build package
- #8302 – PHPUnit 7 throws a ‘testsuite’ element requires ‘name’ attribute warning
- #8328 – .heic image extension added to WP 5.5
- #8345 – Update node, npm and some node modules
- #8346 – Update Travis configuration file to include tests for WP 5.5
- #8358 – The grunt-patch-wordpress module needs to be updated
- #8361 – BL node module needs to be updated
- #8373 –
wp-envimprovements about phpunit commands
- #8317 – Use
@wordpress/envto ease BuddyPress contributors life
- #7906 – Helper function for checking WP version
- #8164 – Add README.md and SECURITY.md files to trunk
- #8308 – 2.0 – BP CLI
- #8318 – Raise WordPress required version to 4.9
- #8339 – Codebase language improvements for a better contributors inclusivity
- #8340 – Support native browser image lazy-loading
- #8341 – Make sure the
wp_parse_list()function is available for the BP REST API
- #8350 – Support extra $args in
- #8407 – PHP Deprecated error shown in debug.log when trying to upload profile photo
- #8297 – The function
groups_get_invites_for_user()can return inconsistent total
- #8310 –
bp_has_groups()should accept ‘status’ parameter
- #8372 – Groups Type Admin UI when BuddyPress is activated on a sub site
- #8379 – Improve bulk adding/removing Group types
- #8380 – change “member” by “group” in a phrase on the group tag editing screen
- #8386 – Search does not work in Group Activity — error 400
- #8400 – Group Types: filtering by types fails on front end
- #8401 – Group Types: the
bp_group_type_list()template tag can output empty links
- #7179 – UI to Add New Group Type in wp-admin
- #8398 – Inconsistent
/* translators: */comments for the “Active %s” string
- #7882 – Stop mirroring user
last_activitydata to usermeta
- #7999 – Support ‘user_ids’ argument in
- #8272 – Private groups not available in group block
- #8336 – Cover Image Cannot be Uploaded on Windows Server using the REST endpoint
- #8369 – BP Block for 7.0.0
- #8397 – Activity Embed block: only public activities are supported
- #8335 – REST API user registration endpoint not sending validation email
- #8004 – Multiple comment forms on activity stream lead to duplicated
- #8370 – Nouveau: Activity comment template missing
- #8391 – BP Nouveau: improve Groups Loop and single Groups Headers (with & without cover) templates
- #8395 – BP Nouveau needs some improvements to get along with Twenty Twenty One