Version 4.2.0 is a BuddyPress maintenance and security release. It was released on December 5, 2018. 4 bugs were fixed and 2 security issues were addressed.
For version 4.2.0, the database version (
wp_options) was 11105, and the Trac revision was r12341.
- Blogs: Prevent post_title activity meta from being incorrectly overwritten on blog post save. This fix was intended to be part of 4.1.0, but was missed during the release, so is included here instead. (#8007)
- Groups: Improve compatibility with WordPress 5.1 when using
wp_parse_id_list()to parse the
parent_idgroup query argument. (#8037)
- Privacy: Prevent fatal errors in certain cases when using versions of WordPress that don’t support the Privacy Page feature. (#8049)
- Templates: Fix ‘Order By’ dropdown functionality for logged-out users; this was broken as part of a cookie overhaul in 4.0.0. (#8050)
- Security: Prevent XSS in message replies.
- Security: Ensure proper capability check when processing message replies.
The detailed list of changes for this release are available at BuddyPress Trac. See milestone 4.2.0.