Version 4.0.0 is a major BuddyPress feature release.
For Version 4.0, the database version (
wp_options) was 11105, and the Trac revision was 12300. To read the full list of features, fixes, and changes in this version of BuddyPress, visit Trac.
BuddyPress boasts a proud history of letting community members and managers control their data, independent of third-party, commercial entities. In this spirit, as well as the spirit of recent regulations like the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), BuddyPress 4.0 introduces a suite of tools allowing users and site admins to manage member data and privacy.
BuddyPress 3.0 introduced a new set of default templates, which we call “Nouveau”. In 4.0, we’ve fixed bugs and smoothed the edges in these templates, including more accessible markup and improved appearance on mobile devices.
With every BuddyPress version, we strive to make internal improvements to performance and code quality, at the same time that we introduce new features and fixes. In BuddyPress 4.0, we’ve improved PHP compatibility both in our codebase and in our automated testing tools; we’ve reworked some automated tests for faster performance; we’ve ensured compatibility with upcoming changes in WordPress; and we’ve fixed a number of bugs in the formatting and sending of emails.
- #7818 – Data export for the Activity Component
- #7928 – Fix offset for @mentions container on small devices
- #7988 – Pass activity ID to
- #7476 – On user deletion, reassign groups rather than deleting
- #7985 – Improved i18n on Hello screen
- #7766 – new_blog_post activity replies should respect post comment_status
- #7834 – Compatibility with WP
- #6162 – Skip multisite tests when not testing in multisite
- #7791 – Add Autoprefixer config to Gruntfile.js
- #7926 – Automated linting for PHP
- #7997 – PHP version compatibility sniffs
- #7997 – GDPR tools
- #7710 – Version numbering proposal
- #7856 – Review of cookie behavior
- #7885 – Improved documentation for CLI commands
- #7902 – Potential PHP fatal errors in
- #7933 – Load wp-cli-module only if PHP is 5.4+
- #7935 – Fix backward compatibility issues with
- #7970 – Fix spelling error in Readme
- #7998 – Review
empty()usage for PHP 5.5 compatibility
- #7996 – Switch to root blog during setting of
- #7989 – Remove breakline in email template
- #7817 – Data export for the XProfile Component
- #7821 – Data export for the Friends Component
- #7820 – Data export for the Groups Component
- #7859 – Allow querying for all group invitations sent by a user
- #7980 – Group member admin autocomplete does not fail gracefully on “large network”
- #7827 – Data export for the Notifications Component
- #7873 – BP_DEFAULT_COMPONENT or Custom front template as the landing page?
- #7819 – Data export for the Messages Component
- #7963 – Activity item: Secondary avatar and user name/group name create duplicated link
- #7815 – Nouveau: warn user about invites not sent
- #7828 – Nouveau: Improve responsive views of widgets: Group, Member, Friends, & Recent Networkwide Posts
- #7837 – Group Detail Pages Not Showing w/Custom Meta Plugins in Version 3.0.0
- #7924 – Nouveau: Label mismatch on Delete Account Screen
- #7940 – Nouveau: Don’t add CSS declarations universally to parent elements
- #7951 – Nouveau: bp_get_suggestions 400 error when activity component is disabled